12.31.2020

Attack Attack! - 2008 - Someday Came Suddenly - (Reviewed)


1) Hot Grills and High Tops
2) Stick Stickly
3) Bro, Ashley's Here
4) Shred, White, and Blue
5) Party Foul
6) What Happens If I Can't Check My Myspace When We Get There?
7) Interlude
8) The People's Elbow
9) Kickin' Wing, Animal Doctor
10) Dr. Shavargo Pt. 3
11) Catfish Soup
12) Outro

"(I recommend watching The Punk Rock MBA's video on this as well)... This release is notorious for changing the landscape of metalcore to come in the latter half of the decade, making enthusiasts and gatekeepers alike vomit. In (hardcore) communities it has made a complete 180 in how it's been perceived and appreciated, from harsh skepticism and rejection, to meaningful recognition, and then to respect for what these guys brought to the table with their unmatched talent. While listening, you need to not just bathe in its 'cringe', but embrace it as part of the experience. Maybe I'm making it more complicated than it is, but I firmly believe that's the best way to listen to this album. For this very reason, it's one of Noise and I's favorite albums, for real."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!