2.16.2022

Armor For The Broken - 2006 - Songs of Hope and Love - (Reviewed)

1) Diagram of a Darkened Heart
2) A Boy Called Never
3) Bedroom
4) Augustine
5) Autobiography of a Spotlight
6) Maybe the Bitter End Ain't So Bitter
7) Call it a Tragedy
8) Sometimes I Like to Pretend I'm Johnny Cash
9) Such a Disappointment That All Things Should End This Way
10) Texas Emergency Hotline

"There's something really special about this album... it might be a product of the era with an unassuming name but this doesn't really as feel derivative or uninspired as you'd expect, quite the opposite; fresh and original. Some parts can go anywhere from A Skylit Drive to Drop Dead, Gorgeous, to Anatomy Of A Ghost (to those who aren't aware that's a pretty diverse range of sound to the genre). It doesn't appeal to lowest common denominator desperate to be picked up by a label, I really get the feeling they were trying to pick apart their influences and seeing what they could create (DUNGEON SYNTHS, people!). My only wish is that there was more diversity with 10 tracks... but considering I rated My Last Dying Wish so high I don't hold that against it. Thanks to Liam for sending the files he had and for the recommendation!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!