8.06.2022

Opt Aut Sic Eco - 2017 - Opt Aut Sic Eco - (Reviewed)

1) Transformation A.D.
2) Griffith's Billiards
3) The Wolfman's Discotheque
4) The Hunger
5) Outta My Way Fishman
6) You One Of Them Super Draculas
7) Village of the Cat People
8) Death Awaits You
9) Robot Arms Robot Eyes Robot Hips Robot Thighs
10) Night of the Mantis
11) Murder on the Oh No You Didn't Express
12) You Prefer Alien Love
13) The Ghost in the Walls

"First overlooked at the mere sight of it on a certain YT music spam channel... I didn't bother giving it a listen (rookie mistake, I should know better). Months later I rediscovered it whilst looking for some cassettes to pick up for my bf's car's radio. Finally, I sat down and gave it the time that it deserved before. Darkwave and hardcore are a match made in heaven, and I really wish I saw it more, with bands like The Axe That Chopped The Cherry Tree and Blow Up being ones that come to mind. The innate characteristics of the darkwave genre carry across it unrivaled atmosphere for the hardcore components to reside in. As a result, you get a uniquely personal listening experience that helps you appreciate all other aspects of fantastic vocalization, excellent guitarwork, heavy bass, and cadenced drums (think of it as a concert in a chamber, that's the best way I can visualize it). This has been one of the coolest albums I've heard in the past year, and I'm so looking forward to spending more time with it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!