11.15.2021

Griphook - 2021 - Brutal Bloodsport - (Reviewed)

1) Blood Rage
2) Prom Night
3) The Mutilator
4) You're Next
5) Black Christmas
6) Maniac
7) Silent Night, Deadly Night
8) Slumber Party Massacre
9) Angst
10) The Burning
11) New York Ripper
12) Scream
13) House By The Cemetery

"I meant to post this earlier on its release (since it released Halloween). It's not often I listen to this genre... but oh boy am I glad I did. The frontman, Butcher, from the band sent this my way; a group of horror fanatics from Akron, Ohio whose aesthetic is unrivaled, inspired by horror flicks and grindhouse horror, comes a tasteful embodiment of edge and grime (without coming across as pretentious). It's an album I recommend listening to all at once, and brings me back to Loss (2006)... though, hot take: I like this a whole lot more, especially toward the album's latter half. Sludgy guitarwork, upfront bass, and impassioned vocalization work together to create allegorical images, allowing for absolute immersion. Show these dudes some love, seriously."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell us what you think!